Roll up your sleeves and give us a hand!
Moravian Open Door could use your help.
Here are some of the ongoing needs that could use volunteers:
- Painting rooms, hallways, staircases;
- Providing occasional meals for clients;
- Tech help—teaching residents computer skills;
- Helping residents produce a newsletter;
- Making minor building repairs that need ‘handyman’ skills;
- Providing programs about life skills (financial literacy, health and wellness, job skills, etc.);
- Providing programs of games or entertainment; and
- Organizing files and donated goods
Volunteering provides the unique opportunity to develop skills in the following areas:
- Human services
- Recreation leadership
- Life skills instruction
MOD can provide glowing references and letters of recommendation on behalf of our volunteers. But beyond resume-building experience, you’ll make a tangible impact on our residents’ lives.
To volunteer or make a visit to offer help, contact us.